- Avoid the Sun—Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that locates hair follicles by their pigment. For the best results, you will want to avoid adding any extra pigment to the skin surrounding the hair follicle—otherwise discoloration of the skin may occur following your cosmetic treatment. Keep as pale as possible by avoiding the sun and the tanning bed for a few weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do Not Pluck or Wax—You will want to stay away from any conventional hair removal method that damages or disturbs the location of the hair follicle. Shaving, however, is acceptable, as it merely removes the superficial hair without disturbing the hair shaft.
- Do Not Apply Deodorant or Lotions—Chemicals found in lotions, makeup, deodorant, or any other cosmetic product may react with or prevent the laser from performing efficiently. On the day of your appointment, resort to unscented hand wipes to keep the target area clean if needed.
- Plan for Minimal Downtime—Hair removal rarely causes side effects worse than those associated with sunburn. If, however, you are planning to have a cosmetic laser hair treatment administered to your face, you may want to plan to take a day off of work until any redness or minor irritation subsides.
- Laser skin resurfacing.
- Chemical peels.
- Eyelid lift.
- Forehead and brow lift.
- Face lift.
- Neck lift.
- Facial implants.
- Find out more about whether or not you are a good candidate for breast reduction surgery by visiting the Consumer Guide to Plastic Surgery.
- This site provides specific information about breast reduction, including what the procedure involves and common reasons women opt for the surgery.
- In 2010, over 138,000 women received breast reduction surgery. Find out more statistics about the procedure here.
- This eHow article has information on how to prepare for cosmetic surgery.
- WikiHow.com also has a helpful page on preparing for cosmetic surgery, including preparing a recovery room ahead of time.
Thinking about investing in a breast augmentation procedure? Before settling on a breast size, you’ll need to consult with your plastic surgeon and carefully weigh your current body type against your goals and expectations.
In this video clip, you’ll learn more about how breast augmentation patients typically decide on their target breast size, and about the resources provided to them during their consultation with a plastic surgeon.
If you are currently considering breast augmentation and would like advice on what size is most appropriate for you, call Dr. Michael A. Horn in Chicago and set up a consultation appointment today. We can be reached at (312) 202-9000.
If you’ve recently decided to invest in cosmetic laser hair removal treatments, congratulations! You are that much closer to living free of the tedious and often painful means of conventional hair removal.
There are, however, several things you need to be aware of prior to your initial hair removal appointment. Take a look at the below tips on how to prepare for your first treatment, and be sure to ask your cosmetic specialist for more specific instructions as the day in question approaches.
Do you have more questions about how to prepare for your laser hair removal appointment, or what to expect on the day of your cosmetic treatment? Call Dr. Michael A. Horn at (312) 202-9000 for more details, and ask about the other cosmetic and plastic surgery treatments we offer.
Are you frequently self-conscious or uncomfortable by the appearance of your face? Fortunately there are a variety of cosmetic remedies available for each of the problems you are likely to experience with the onset of age, including the development of wrinkles, age spots, poor skin texture, or sagging skin.
Read through the following brief outline of these facial procedures, and consider speaking with a plastic surgeon about which are the most appropriate for you.
Skin resurfacing treatments are popular cosmetic procedures among those interested in minimally invasive treatments. Such procedures involve the removal of the uppermost layers of dead or damaged skin to reveal younger, healthier-looking skin beneath. Resurfacing treatments include:
Dermal Fillers and Injections
Dermal fillers and injectables are also minimally invasive and are frequently used among plastic surgery patients. While some injections work to reduce wrinkles by paralyzing the muscles of the face, others are used more to plump up and enhance hollowed or sagging areas with healthy collagen or naturally occurring substances like hyaluronic acid. The most popular of these cosmetic injections are:
Cosmetic surgery for the face is often chosen by patients who have excessive wrinkling, hollowing, and sagging skin, and would like to reshape the contours and lines of their face. Because these cosmetic surgeries are more invasive, patients should expect some downtime post-procedure, but can also look forward to more comprehensive and long-lasting results. The most commonly performed of these facial surgeries include:
If you’d like to learn more about each of the procedures listed above, feel free to contact the offices of Dr. Michael A Horn for more information. Call (312) 361-0685 today, and schedule an appointment with one of our cosmetic specialists to learn about the techniques and results associated with each, and find out which you would benefit from most.
Our recent blog posts have included information about what makes a good candidate for breast reduction surgery and how to prepare for plastic surgery. If you’re looking for more information on these subjects, here is a list of resources.
For high-quality plastic surgery in the Chicago area, call Dr. Michael A. Horn at (312) 202-9000.